Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!

Just a quick post to wish everyone a fabulous healthy and fun New Year!
Christmas blew up in our living room.  My poor old dog doesn't know what to think, she's almost 16 years old now.  I just wanted to show you my snowflakes and clock today.  The snowflakes were various Cricut cuts at 11.5" on white CTMH cardstock, or 4" from holographic papers from the dollar store.  I used my Gypsy & picked out a bunch of snowflakes from assorted cartridges, and in about 20 minutes had them all cut.  It took about 15 minutes to hang them with sparkle thread & pushpins.  I was inspired by Jamie Oliver Christmas cooking specials on the Food Network.  In his kitchen he has humongous fluffy accordion/waffle paper snowflakes.  It was crowded looking but very dramatic and pretty.  I just had to make these, the idea would not leave until it was completed.

My big round clock is an old project.  I used a bamboo bowl from Ikea and put vinyl numbers on it (I forget which cricut cartridge) .  My husband drilled the hole and put in the clock mechanism for me.  I used a black Sharpie marker to darken the gold hands because they were hard to see against the light bamboo colour.  The formal mantle  clock was made by my talented teenager for his grade 9 woodwork project. 

Happy New Year, be kind to yourself and to others.  And never forget blessings are everywhere to carry us through the rough bits.  When life isn't easy, its never boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a minute to share your thoughts.